There are so many great crafting/DIY projects for handmade home items that use old t-shirts. Since there is such an abundance of shirt options for color, material, prints and fonts and letters in thrift stores and probably around your own house, you’ll never run out of inspiration. Here is a roundup of a just a few how-to’s for fabulous projects that you can make for yourself with old t-shirts.
- How to Make Yarn from Old t-shirts, to knit anything you want such as these fabulous dish scrubbers from rightbraingthinker’s etsy shop
- Recycle and Old T-shirt into a Pocket Apron
- T-shirt Quilt A how-to with step-by-step photos
- Recycled Shirt Pillows! A how-to with step-by-step photos
- GenerationT.com – an awesome resource for all kinds of ideas for recycling t-shirts
Re-nest posts on t-shirt recycling:
Images: 1. T-shirt Quilt from Craftzine.com 2. Pocket Apron from lifehacker.com 3. Flotaki Rug from Xoelle.com 4. Dryer Pouches from zJayne 5. T-shirt Pillow from chezlarsson.com