Name: Aylin (16 months)
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Aylin's room used to be our guest room, so we were happy to learn that we were having a girl, and that we did not have to paint over the walls. I wanted a second color to go along with the wall color, thistle. I didn't want anything too girly or too babyish. After many ideas and style boards I decided to go with robin's egg blue for the accents and accessories. I was lucky to find a carpet, fabric and also other acessories such as the lamp shade with my color of choice. Years ago, I had cut out the pages of a Taschen calendar with piglets and was saving them for a future project. I framed them with white IKEA frames and they ended up quite nice over the dresser.
The idea of farm animals as a theme actually came from the piglet project. The rest of the accessories followed the theme and the accent color. I'm so glad that the nursery turned out to be a room we all love to spend time in as a family. I hope you like it too!
- Crib: Stokke Sleepi
- Mobile: Flensted Sheep mobile
- Farm animals cross stitch artwork: Handmade by a talented friend
- Animals artwork: Purchased from an art gallery in Berlin
- Fabrics for drapes and pouf: Local stores
- Dream wall sticker: Laura Ashley
- Dressers, shelving unit, couch, pouf and picture frames: Ikea
- Rocker: Eames rocking chair
- Owl Pillow: Laura Asyley
- Rabbit Pillow: Zara Home
- Crochet blanket: Handmade by grandma
- Dresser knobs: Zara Home
Thanks for sharing, Zeynep!
(Images: Latife Tunc)