Name: Baby Lincoln
Location: Hollywood, CA
I didn't have a lot of money to spend, so I really had to use things I had and get crafty. The inspiration for the room came from my husband's autographed Ringo Starr drumsticks. When I was clearing out the room I really didn't know what to do with them, and I had to keep them or my husband would be upset (I personally don't love the style of the framing.) So, I decided, we love the Beatles and wouldn't it be fun to do sort of a Beatles nursery. Also, I really love eco-friendly items (I used to own an eco boutique in Austin,TX) so we went for an eco-friendly Beatles psychedelic under water yellow submarine nursery.
Almost everything in the nursery is repurposed from things we already owned. Like a set of Dwell sheets that had worn a hole in them, so I cut them up. We had been holding on to all these toys as well that my husband wouldn't part with over the years. I have to thank him for being a packrat because it was fun to use them in the nursery.
• Crib-Sparrow by Ouef- I totally lucked out on this. I got it for $200 as a floor sample at Buy Buy Baby. I couldn't believe it. This was the crib I wanted, but couldn't afford, and I was going to get an Ikea crib, but I saw this and snatched it.
• Crib Sheet-giggle
• Octopus-handmade by mommy
• Crib Skirt-Clara fabric by Mod Green Pod-I made it.
• Magic Mushroom-I made it
• Yellow Submarine-etsy
• All You Need is Love mobile-homemade
• Changing table-Ikea Trondheim chest
• Soft cars-shopwee
• Stuffed Cats-blablakids
• Sofa-Ikea Ektorp
• Sofa pillows-handmade
• Bird Curtains and pillows-handmade from our old sheets/Dwell pattern
• Robot-1980's, it was my husband's
• Artwork-all from etsy
• Frames-Ikea Ribba
• Patchwork quilt-thrift store in Lincoln, NE/99 cents
• Fisher Price globe-1980s and it was my husband's
• Tree table-vintage
• Rag rug and fluffy rug-both Ikea
(Images: Amanda H.)