When we found out that Madelyn was a girl, nursery preparation started right away. We knew we were working with a budget so DIY projects were going to take some time to work themselves out.
The first thing we tackled was the wall painting (or should I say, the first thing my husband tackled was the painting). We picked out a nice cream and gray and started going for it. One coat in and we realized that the cream was more of a yellow and had to start over. However, the end result was worth his efforts (a huge round of applause to my husband). The stripes only go across two walls and the other two are cream.
Th next big project was the dresser/changing table that we found on Craigslist. My husband and his ever so talented Aunt sanded it down, painted a coat of coral on it, then dry brushed in some orange for the texture. We then added the knobs from World Market. LOVE it!
We also custom made the sign with her name going across it for above her crib. This is a piece of plexiglass that we had done at a local sign store. We then drilled holes through it and weaved some chain through so it could hang from the ceiling.
The room was very much a joint effort of DIYers. The painting was done by a family friend, window valance by our aunt, bedding custom made by my mother in law and decorating done by me.
All in all, I think it's a great blend of modern and vintage that I am so excited to welcome Madelyn to in a few short weeks!
We agree! Thanks Melissa and Kyle! Readers, find Melissa at Tiny Toes.
(Images: Tiny Toes)
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE