Name: Rae (2 months)
Location: Brighton, United Kingdom
I wanted a vintage feel for Rae's room which normally comes over time and is difficult to create in one go. I've managed to use and find a few bits that I love but know that the room, much like the rest of the house and big sister Indi's room, will evolve and change.
She doesn't sleep the night in here yet so lightweight curtains that let loads of light in are fine for now but will need to be changed for something a bit more practical at some point.
We've tried to make the room a nice space for feeding/changing etc. but also somewhere big sister Indi can sit for a story too. She's picked out some of her favourites for the shelves near the chair and a big pile of cushions and a vintage school chair mean there's always somewhere for her to sit and pull faces at her baby sister as she tries to get the first smile.
The room's quite small so we kept the walls white with white/pale wood furniture and added colour with pictures, toys, books and blankets.
A few weather themed pictures, the mobile and a rainbow maker at the window make this a lovely and happy room for our little Rae of sunshine.
- Snake Cushion - Sass & Bell
- Cot - Ikea
- Cloud cushions in cot - Homemade
- 'Dream big' cushion - Etsy
- Drawers -Ikea updated with knobs from ebay
- Armchair and sheepskin - Ikea
- Letters -Lavender rooms Brighton
- Changemat - Vertbaudet
- Cloud and raindrop mobile - homemade
- Colourful square/triangle felt cushions - Homemade following a blog post on A Beautiful Mess
- Glass jars with animal lids- H&M home
- Sheepskin baby rocker - Car boot sale (originally John Lewis)
- Cloud blanket on cot - Farg & Form
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE
(Image credits: Alice Gregory )