In honor of all of this, we are featuring our best Furnish Your Nest Finds over the next month.
If we do anything right, we hope that the droves of college students coming to NYC will comb this site for bargains and tips in the days ahead.
To start off, here is a list of some of the best affordable stores we know of so far. Got more? Let us know:
- Pearl River Mart
- TKNY: Small stuff for small spaces from NYC and Japan
21 Avenue B, NYC 10009
- Housing Works: Great furniture at great prices
Multiple locations downtown and uptown
- The Plant House: Plants that will live even if you don't water them (almost)
127 West 28th Street
- City Opera thrift shop: Vintage sofas, blouses and....
222 East 23rd Street (2nd and 3rd ave)
- Global Table: Small beautiful lamps, cups, trays for the room
107-9 Sullivan Street
- White on White: Danish modern at warehouse prices
353 Broadway (below Franklin) & 149 Essex Street
- General Nitemare: Vintage warehouse of 30's - 50's furniture
196 Columbia Street (Bklyn)
- Sustainable Living: Pushing green in Brooklyn
242 Wythe Street
And of Course...
- Edge Modern online