If you're traveling this summer - whether backpacking through European cities, camping in the Rockies, or hiking a local trail on a quick weekend getaway, it can be helpful to load your backpack according to pointers from the pros. We've researched tips online and found some important ones:
- Keep often-used items where you can easily get to them.
- If possible, lay out all your gear beforehand. This makes you more aware of where things get packed plus it can help you to remember missing items.
- As a general rule, the weight of your loaded pack shouldn't exceed 25% to 30% of your ideal body weight.
- It's best to pack heavy items in the middle of the pack and close to your back
- Assume that your backpack will get wet.
These tips and more can be found at REI
, Bass Pro
Image: Lululemonathletica on Flickr licensed under Creative Commons