Many of us have spent the last six months daydreaming about warm weather, so let's spend these last few cool, rainy—snowy?—weeks preparing for all the basking and lounging we're sure to be doing soon. Here are 10 projects that will help you spruce up your outdoor space, whether you have a huge backyard and a fully stocked toolbox—or just a fire escape and a dream.
- DIY Outdoor Citrus Side Table by Hello Lidy on Curbly This tutorial transforms a pine round, hairpin legs, and paint into a sunny, summery table.
- DIY Painted Patterned Patio Umbrella by Lovely Indeed This tutorial takes a plain but serviceable umbrella and imbues it with personality and fun.
- DIY Macrame Garden Chair from Mollie Makes Make something oh-so-pretty out of an old lawn chair frame and macrame cord in the color(s) of your choosing.
- DIY Mini Picnic Tables by Lovely Indeed These cuties can be toted along on a picnic, but they're also perfect in the backyard if you don't want to invest in full-size outdoor furniture.
- Hanging Macrame Hammock Chair by eHow A proper hammock requires a large stand or two sturdy trees, but this chair lets you swing in style.
- DIY Macrame Hammock Chair by Fish & Bull No way to even hang a hammock chair? This is perfect for a patio and was made using an old frame and three 100-foot bags of clothesline rope (often available at the dollar store).
- Williams-Sonoma-Inspired Bench by DIY Candy This bench is gorgeous, sturdy—and costs $1,260 less than the original.
- How To Make Super Quick & Easy Drawstring Seat Covers to Update Outdoor Furniture by Apartment Therapy Rather than buying an expensive new cushion, update the one you have with only a yard of fabric.
- DIY Outdoor Serving Station by Apartment Therapy Reader Amy In case you missed it, reader Amy created a lovely and handy serving station.
- DIY Sunburst Painted Picnic Table by The Home Depot Blog The sunburst is great, but the classic red-and-white picnic gingham would be amazing.