It's not revolutionary information, but these photos are great reminders that obvious solutions are often still worthwhile. If you have a few bags you love, a hook or two — hung artfully — can help organize your space and add character.
Hang the hooks with a similar mindset to hanging art — for example, paired carefully with a cool chair or hung in an unusual arrangement. Since it's also decorative, stick with bags worth displaying, rather than the worn totebag you're hoping to replace. If your shelf space is getting a bit tight, hooks are also a wonderful way to display vintage camera cases.
(Images: 1. Wall to Wall by Linda Barker via Morning's Light 2. Annie McElwain 3. Steve Giannetti for Veranda 4. Agent Bauer 5. Design*Sponge via JPM Design)
- You show off your ceramics collection — why not your purse collection too? These sequined bags look chic paired with a dramatically hued wall. From Wall to Wall.
- A red purse adds a pop of color to a neutral space in photographer Annie McElwain's home.
- A sconce is cleverly used as a hook in a room designed by Brooke Giannetti. Via Veranda.
- Woven bags add a dose of rustic charm to an entryway. Via Agent Bauer.
- This solution is much more attractive than flinging your work bag over the nearest chair. Just make sure to stick to a few bags at a time. Design*Sponge via JPM Design.