Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy some sweet tech modifications that will put a smile on your face each time you reach for your laptop or headphones, even if all you have is a buck. Each of these crafty customizable projects can be completed for just one dollar. So grab a buck, head to the dollar store and put one of these four materials on your shopping list:
1. Contact Paper: This DIY wood-grain laptop skin from Fine & Feathered is crafted from contact paper found at the dollar store.
2. Ironing Beads: Using a $1 bag full of colorful and crafty ironing beads, user xMeerjam shared her unqique headphones on Cut Out + Keep.
3. DIY Macro Lens: Wish you could get close-up macro shots with your phone camera or point-and-shoot? Try this accessory mod from Make Projects using one lens from a $1 pair of reading glasses.
4. Headphone Accessory: Keep headphones from tangling (or getting mixed up in a sea of white Apple earbuds) by wrapping them in inexpensive embroidery floss, like we spotted on Pinterest.
(Images: as credited above)
MORE DOLLAR STORE PROJECTS FROM APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Blueprint File Cabinet Makeover
• DIY Kitchen Art from the Dollar Store
• Dollar Store Decor: Plastic Animal Bookends
• Create an Apothecary Jar for $2
• Repurpose Wine Corks Into Drawer Pulls