Is one of your rooms feeling a bit drab? We bet if you focus your design efforts on one spot (the size of which depends on your home's architecture) you can really add some interest and beauty to your entire home. As a matter of fact, it just might be the case that you've either forgotten to decorate this spot in your home entirely, or that you threw something up quickly and never got back to it again. This weekend, pay attention to this decorating element.
This Weekend's Assignment:
Hang, update or clean some window treatments
No matter how big they are, how small they are, what shape they are or how many you have — the windows in your home are IMPORTANT. They let light in. Help you connect to the outside world. We've had you spend weekends cleaning your windows and even improving the view. It's time you focus on a very important decorating element: Framing them!
And by framing them, we mean focusing on your window coverings, of course. This weekend, take the opportunity to do one (or more) of these things to one (or more) of your windows:
1. Add window coverings for a window you've been meaning to get to but haven't yet. Buy or DIY curtains, roman shades and more.
2. Update some sorely needed window treatments (that perhaps are old or were only intended to be temporary).
3. Give your existing window treatments a cleaning (that includes blinds! Vacuuming can do a lot here.)
4. Or add a unique and small detail to existing window treatments. It'll really up the personality of your whole room!
We've got your link help below:
- Style on a Budget: 10 Sources for Good, Cheap Blinds, Shades & Curtains
- The Best Basics: Good, Cheap Curtains & Drapes
- Make it Modern: Fresh Ways to Think About Curtains
- 25+ Cheap Makeover Ideas for Basic Vinyl Roller Shades
- How To Make Curtains from Vintage Scarves
- Quick & Affordable Home Makeover Task: Adjust Your Curtain Rods
- DIY Design Details: 8 Ways to Make Your Curtains Look Even Better
- Clean Your Blinds!
Remember, as with all of our Weekend Projects, just do what you have the time and energy to do!
→ AND SHOW US YOUR WEEKEND WORK!Share your tips and photos of your Weekend Project work on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #ATweekendproject.
→ Find all of our Weekend Projects in one convenient place.