The holiday season is upon us! For the next two months you'll be wining and dining with friends, close family, coworkers, and the occasional crazy uncle. We know that hosting a holiday party in your home can seem overwhelming. You're worried you don't have enough glasses, and you're not sure how to set the table or what music to play to encourage your guests to dance (though hopefully not on your dining room table). Thankfully, we love entertaining and have thought about this a lot, and we'll help you prepare for the party. First on the list: barware and glassware...
A well-stocked bar is a must for any holiday gathering. One of the best things you can do to make your guests feel comfortable is to offer them a drink when they arrive. Not only will it help them relax, but people like to have something to hold in their hands when they're out of their element. It makes them feel less self-conscious, and it's a good fallback should the conversation drift towards a less-than-stimulating topic, like the size of the room or (god forbid) the weather.
Here is a quick rundown of some of our best posts on setting up a great home bar:
Setting Up Your Station:
- Shopping for Barware with Anthony Giglio
- Setting The (Home) Bar
- How To Build a Basic Bar
- How To: Set Up A Bar For A Party
All About Mixed Drinks:
- Bar Carts
- 9 for Under $5: Cocktail Party Necessities on a Budget
- Absinthe Spoons and Servers
- Top Ten: Cocktail Shakers
- Le Creuset Cocktail Stirrers
- Living with Mismatched and (Mostly) Vintage Glassware
- Best Products: Classic 8 oz. Cocktail Shaker
- Lovely Barware: Restoration Hardware's Hayworth Line
- Cocktail Tool: Jigger Cube
- Luxe Up Your Liquor: Cool Jewels Ice Tray
- Cute Cocktail Glasses
Comments have been disabled.