Large baskets can be wonderful accents in rooms that need quick pick-me-ups. They serve as storage vessels (and hiding spots) when you need them, and they can look lovely, too. A basket can add a touch of texture, color, and visual interest even when it's not stashing scarves, slippers, socks, or toys. It's no wonder people have been using baskets in some form or another for centuries — they stem from a practical need, but there's often a great aesthetic expression associated with them. I certainly use the huge basket in my bedroom for storage in a pinch but, really, I just love the way it looks. Here are a handful of rooms that embrace the need for a big basket.
1. A bunch of colorful, useful baskets from a Design*Sponge Sneak Peek.
2. and 3. It all starts with a great find: in these two images, Meg, of the blog Elsie Marley, shows off two fantastic baskets. Find photos and inspiration at her Flickr page, as well.
4. A big, beautiful basket near the bed from Lonnymag.com.
5. Rustic baskets placed under the table from Donna Talley, found via Desire to Inspire.
6. A Crucial Trading image found via Apartment Therapy.
7. Image from Fern Cola.
Images: As linked above.