Carrie from Dream Green DIY came up with this brilliant storage idea for her bathroom: By moutning a mesh file box (the kind you can buy at your local office or supermart store for less than $20) to the wall or the side of the bathroom counter, she now has easy access to her hair dryer and straightener while keeping everything off the countertop and in easy reach.
You can see by the photos above that the mesh file box has moved around the bathroom a bit; Carrie originally had it mounted to the wall to the left of the sink before moving it to a low-profile spot on the right side below the countertop. If you want to try this at home, find out what works for you. Some things to consider are how much you want it to show, where your outlets are located and whether you're right or left handed.
And if you're a renter thinking that your landlord won't like you drilling holes in the bathroom cabinets, think again: The file box in the photo above is hung with removable 3M Command wire hooks!
Read More: Dream Green DIY
MORE BATHROOM STORAGE ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• 10 Cord Control Solutions for the Bathroom
• Suggestions for Hair Dryer Storage in the Bathroom? Good Questions
• Bringing Furniture Into the Bathroom
• Floor Cabinets for Extra Storage in the Bathroom
• 8 Renter-Friendly Products for Maximizing Bathroom Storage
• Small-Space Bathroom Storage Solutions
(Images: Green Dream DIY)