When considering storage for a small space like the bathroom, one of the most important factors is proportion. Tempting as it is to install wall to wall storage, going oversized will make the space feel even smaller. Wall cabinets are a compact and attractive solution to use the dead space over the toilet as storage.Practical and good-looking, wall cabinets will greatly increase bathroom storage and eliminate countertop clutter. Designs with adjustable shelves allow you to store tall items like bottles as well as short items like cotton swab containers. Also, don't forget the top of the cabinet. This is a good opportunity for decorative items like a ceramic statuette, a large shell or a rustic basket.
Wall cabinets commonly come in white, black and brown. If these colors are too run-of-the-mill for you, their compact size make them an easy DIY painting project.
Tip: If you feel conflicted because you like the look of glass but want to hide your clutter, use semi-sheer paper (like vellum or tracing paper) to create a frosted glass look. Alternatively, if you want to add some color, use a nice pattern or solid color.
Shown above from left to right:
1. Sliding Door Wall Cabinet, $249.00 from Pottery Barn
2. Veranda Bay Two-door Wall Cabinet, $69.99 from Overstock.com
3. Artisan Wall Cabinet with Wood Doors, $129.00 from Home Decorators Collection
4. Stripe Wall Cabinet, $59.54 from Overstock.com
5. Madison Avenue Wall Cabinet with Glass Doors, $67.49 from Target
(Images: As credited above.)