Ah, hair removal, quite possibly one of the least glamorous and humbling of grooming habits. Being female, the summer season means our reliance on hair removal devices is magnified (thank you sundresses and bathing suits), so it's with an eye for making the task less painful and arduous that we take a look at some body hair removal options for ladies...and maybe even the gents!
5 hair removal gadgets:
1) Philips Always Bikini Perfect: Although built for the bikini area, we have used this cordless hair removal device (epilator, electric razor & trimmer) primarily on our armpits. We have found that the included small epilator head is the perfect size for the armpit area. $50
2) Emjoi Emagine Epilator: After our initial foray into epilators with the Bikini Perfect, we have decided to revisit the idea of using one for our legs. A device like the Emagine is a better epilator to use for the legs as opposed to the Bikini Perfect because of the much larger surface area that it can cover. $78
3) MANGROOMER Electric Back Hair Shaver: Of course we cannot leave out the gents. Built specifically for men with back hair removal needs, the MANGROOMER Electric Back Hair Shaver has a long arm for those difficult to reach places on the back. $40
4) Silk׳n SensEpil: The most high tech and the most expensive device on this list is the Silk׳n SensEpil. This device purports to remove hair by using Home Pulsed Light (HPL) technology giving you results that are similar to a laser hair removal session. We have never tried this device, but it if it works as well as it claims, the hefty price tag would be worth it. $500
5) Philips Norelco Bodygroom: Created for the man who enjoys a good manscaping session, the Bodygroom has a double headed design giving flexibility without the need to change the electric razor head. $70
More bathroom tech from the Unplggd archives: