When I was signing the lease on my apartment this time last year, my one near deal breaker was the absence of a tub. Now that temperatures have dropped again, I am already missing warm baths.
I share the notion held by the narrator in The Bell Jar that "There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them."
Yet, here I am, stuck with a very tiny stall shower. At this point I would be happy with pretty much any tub, but why not dream big? Seven-foot soaking pools, beautiful chevron wood flooring, extra furniture. For everyone who knows that a hot shower is nice but a poor substitute for a bath - or those of you who need convincing - I give you this roundup of enviable tubs.
1. Going green in Marie Claire Italy (via Desire to Inspire)
2. Donna Karan's soaking pool in New York magazine (via Modern Urban Living)
3. Jenna Lyon's black, white, and brass bathroom in Domino
4. Swedish tub in Sköna Hem (via Apartment Therapy)
5. Cath Kidston-designed bathroom in Lonny
6. Nikole Heriott's bathroom on Design*Sponge
7. One of six tiled bathrooms at Dar es Saada, the guesthouse at Yves Saint Laurent’s Marrakech retreat, in Elle Decor
8. Hus & Hem (via Desire to Inspire)
9. Red claw foot tub (via Terramia)
10. The renovated bathroom in Sharon & Chris's Monochrome Wonder
(images as linked, 3. Melanie Acevedo)