We've been keeping a list of things we'd like our daughter to have for her first birthday, so we were interested in this article we found over at Celebrations.com. Just what is on their list of the top five toys every one-year old should own and how does it compare with ours? Take a look...They've got:
1. Ikea Ekorre Walker. Yup- that made our list too!
2. School of Fish. It's bath toys. That didn't make our list, but probably because we've already got a few of the latest bath toys from Boon.
3. Alphabet Blocks from Land of Nod. Yes! We did have a quality set of first wooden blocks on our list.
4. Dwell Soft Stacker. This one didn't make our list, but it's a nice idea- though we feel it could be introduced sooner than 1.
5. Bubbles. The author of the article recommends non-toxic bubbles available from Gymboree. Another nice idea that hadn't made our list.
A few other things we have on our own list:
1. A chair that's all her own, most likely something like this.
2. A growth chart- haven't decided on this one yet.
3. A first dollhouse- something small and soft.
4. A bookshelf that allows her to easily take out her books or put them away.
What about you? What's was or is on your list?
Thanks to Celebrations.com for their roundup.