As a former fashion designer and current interior designer, I just can't get enough of beautiful walk-in closets. It's where my two design loves merge, and what I wish I could have in my current flat (unfortunately, kicking the flatmate out to let my clothes take over her room isn't really an option... also I'd miss her). Luckily, there are winners of wardrobes in all sizes, as this roundup proves.
1. One for him, one for her. Two simple rolling rails act as a wardrobe in this Dutch bedroom. From Avenue.
2. No closet at all and no extra floor space? No problem in this bedroom, from Norwegian blog Designlykke (found via My Scandinavian Home). Hanging a rail above a chest of drawers easily creates a wardrobe area.
3. This under-stairs closet from This is Glamorous looks sweet and packs a storage punch: hanging space, open shelving and drawers in a compact space.
4/5. Lest you get the idea that all beautiful closets are pale, check this out. An all-black wardrobe, via A Beautiful Mess, makes bright colors and shiny textures pop.
6. Oh Joy's makeover of her standard-sized closet has it all: shoe storage, hanging space of different heights, a fun clothes hamper, even laundry supplies. Head on over to her blog to see how she did it.
7/8. Another lovely one from My Scandinavian Home, this shallow built-in wardrobe is perfect for a studio, or even a larger home. Clothing storage doesn't have to be in the bedroom, after all.
9. Industrial-style open hanging space works in this room from Danish magazine Bolig, and the idea would work equally well in a bedroom or hallway.
10. Last but not least, beautifully organized under-bed clothes storage from StyleCaster.