Growing up in Vermont, I've been to my fair share of barn parties. They've included some informal get togethers, but most were weddings. I'm a casual girl myself, but it's still amazing to see simple spaces transformed into elegant venues that glow beautifully at night.
Above: Check out this wedding at the Barn at Walnut Hill, by Maine Season Events, and photographed by Brea McDonald.
As we transition from outdoor to indoor living this time of year, these rustic structures are a fitting half-step between the two seasons. Here are a few more lovely spaces, and what looks like some fun events. (I'll just assume my invites got lost in the mail.)
1. Not so much a barn, but a detached shed, transformed for a 30th birthday party. As photographed by Kickstand Studios and seen on Garden and Gun.
2. A rustic wedding designed by Cedarwood Weddings.
3. Fall dinner party set up, courtesy of Ikea.
4. Designer Michael Abrams held his 50th birthday in this Michigan barn, as seen in Chicago Home Magazine.
5. Neversink Farm holds annual barn dinners in the Catskills.
6. An intimate dinner in the barn at the Condor's Nest Ranch.
7. Another simple and elegant wedding at the Barn at Walnut Hill.
(Images: as linked above)