Materials: 10" x 10" square (each) of 2 fabrics, scissors, marking pencil, thread
1. Cut out your feathered friend from 2 contrasting pieces of fabric.
2. Pin 1 edge of the belly to the body, right sides together starting at the tail.
3. Using a 1/4" seam allowance, sew the 2 pieces together using a straight stitch from dot to dot. Be sure to leave the tail end open.
4. Pin other edge and sew together the same way.
5. Sew head seam together to dot.
6. Turn bird right side out and stuff.
7. Sew tail closed.
Fill these up with a thin stuff of catnip, and you're sure to have a toy that not only gets the attention of your feline, but also looks good around the house as he/she carries it around in crazed pride! More great stuff over at Spool Sewing here!