Life in Brooklyn can have a lot of advantages - green parks, great food, independent design, and blank canvas loft spaces to call home, if you're lucky. We've featured some of these aspirational open floor plans on our site, and today we'd like to imagine living in them, if only for a minute.
Loft living is so ideal for urban environments because it allows daylight to travel throughout the entirety of a unit, and it doesn't have arbitrary walls telling the resident how to divide up space. When you can see across a wide expanse, it forces decorations to take the entirety of a place into consideration. And of course we love exposed brick, pipes, electrical systems, concrete floors - anything that shows how a building actually works.
Which of these Brooklyn lofts would you like to call home?
1. Jeff & Delia's Gourmet Garage
2. David Alhadeff's Brooklyn Loft
3. Blogging New York Magazine: 2.26.07
4. Gene & Heidi's Colorful Art-filled Home
5. Ed's Lofty Brooklyn Industrial
6. Ivonne's Gutsy Renovation
7. Pete & James' Natural & Neon Loft
8. The Boys of Bushwick
9. FSBO: DUMBO Loft
10. Raw New York Loft Space