Broom making may be a dwindling art, but it's not dead yet. In fact, it seems to be flourishing in some corners of the country and around the world, where craftspeople are still creating beautiful, functional sweepers using natural materials like broom corn, sassafras, sorghum, and bamboo. Here are a few artful brooms and broom makers that have captured our attention. Sweeping just might become our new favorite chore!
• 1 Justamere Tree Farm – European Round Hearth Broom, $30; more designs on website
• 2 Broomchick – Turkey Wing Broom, $17; more designs on website
• 3 Berea College Crafts – Will-O-Wisp, Cottage, Shaker Braid, Cobweb, and Streamliner Brooms, $19-39; more designs on website
• 4 Palümba – Child's Broom, $19.99
• 5 Labour & Wait – Sailors' Whisk Brush, £14