Collecting and displaying items is a great way to inject some serious personality into your home. The process of displaying your collection should be fun and creative. Let's think outside of the
display cases box!Thinking outside of the box is actually what these folks did. Not only did they want their collectibles to speak of their creativity, but they wanted the way in which they are displayed to as well. Don't think you have to get all fancy with it — you don't! Check out why:
• Leif's Mid-Century Heritage Collection is a great example of how you can own several collections and display them in a subtle way!
• Portrait of a Collection is an easy and inspiring way to display your prized collection if you don't have the actual space to do so (or if you want to keep them tucked away so they don't get damaged!)
• Shauna & Stephen's Lively Loft may be best known for their super organized craft room, but, they're collectors of other sorts as well. Just take a peek above their bed and you'll find their unique collection of deer placed in a not-so-expected location!
• Gene's Graphics & Color: Geometric Art Collection is certainly bold and unique. By framing each piece and hanging them all in a simple pattern creates interest and impact.
• Family-Friendly Modern is a home filled with collectibles. The most prominent is their collection of vintage travel posters — which is scattered throughout their home. If a collection gets large enough, don't feel confined to one room (or one display case). Stretch out a bit and share the love with the other rooms!
Images: Jason Loper, Jason Loper, Kristen Lubbe, Gene, Julien Jourdes, Bruce Buck