The well-organized pantry: for some, a far-off dream to hold dear while battling against mess. (For others, it's a far-off dream to even have a pantry.) It's a new year, so whatever space you have to work with in the kitchen, get it in gear. From walk-in wonders to slim spaces, feast your eyes on these clever pantries for some organizing inspiration.
- An under-stairs cupboard becomes a generous pantry, as seen in Shawna's Glamorous Custom Kitchen.
- This generous pantry "nook" benefits from good lighting and adjustable industrial shelves. Via Residence Style.
- A bespoke pantry unit, such as this one built by Higham Furniture in the UK, hides all manner of kitchen clutter, from cereal to small appliances.
- A closet located off the kitchen can be made more functional as a pantry by fitting pull-out shelving, as seen here on Shelf Genie.
- A homemade option for the tightest of spaces, this rolling pantry from DIY Passion is as practical as it is pretty (and the same concept can be fitted by joiners in a kitchen remodel; there's no reason to waste even the most narrow of spaces!)
- Lockers as kitchen storage? Why not, as this clever pantry from Better Homes and Gardens shows.
- This more standard pantry cupboard from LLH Designs uses every inch of space, thanks to storage on the backs of doors.
- Another large pantry room, this one corrals items by type in brightly-colored bins. Via Two Twenty One.
- A traditional long and narrow pantry room gets a chic makeover at Oh Happy Day. The shallow shelving means everything is visible, and the tiling adds a luxe look.
- For the tiniest pantry of all (and what passes as one in my home), everybody's favorite IKEA catch-all, the RÅSKOG trolley, as seen in the 2013 catalog, via Apartment Therapy.