Crushes are great, but for anyone who appreciates historic homes, this one may be love. Located on historic Benefit Street in the College Hill neighborhood of Providence, this gorgeously restored Colonial Zachariah Allen House dates back to 1772 and retains many original details while benefitting from loving restoration and updates. I mean, centuries old and as beautiful as ever? Be still my historic home loving heart...take a peek!
This beautifully restored Colonial still has beamed ceilings and wood plank flooring. Other standouts include a restored working fireplace, open, sunny layout, family room/study featuring a beautiful wall of built-ins, and large backyard.
- 1 Benefit St East Side of Providence, RI 02904
- Restored 18th-Century Colonial (Zachariah Allen House (c 1772) Oasis)
- Charming original details have been preserved including plank floors and beamed ceiling in dining room and kitchen.
- Property website
Things We Love About This Property Crush:
- Beautifully restored 18th-Century Colonial located on the top of historic street.
- Spacious, sunny rooms throughout.
- Original details, like beamed ceilings, plank flooring, and working fireplace.
- Four light-filled bedrooms.
- Four bathrooms!
- Lovely large backyard.
- Beautiful built-ins for a cozy study or family room.
- Gorgeous cook's kitchen featuring beamed ceiling, soapstone counters and breakfast bar.
- Located in a very walkable/bikeable historic neighborhood.
Are you on the house hunt, or just the type of person who loves browsing real estate listings, even when you're not in the market for a new home? Property Crush is a column where we feature actual real estate listings that get the Apartment Therapy seal of approval in regards to style (we haven't done home inspections or anything, so don't sue us). If you see a listing you think we'd like, email our tip line at email@example.com.