Name: Beckett (3 months)
Location: Dallas, Texas
I had so much fun decorating a nursery for my daughter, Beckett. I’ve never been into classic baby motifs or soft pastels, so I wanted to create something a little more sophisticated, but still whimsical.
I started with modern, sleek furnishings and added some more sculptural and unexpected items, like a shell mosaic mirror and the etched glass lilypad floor lamp. I love feminine design, but didn't want it to be too girly. I knew we could design something pretty without using pink.
I also selected items that I knew could grow with her, or possibly be used in other rooms in the house. I found budget-friendly limited-use items, like the crib and rocker, but invested in some beautiful accessories, like the rug and mirror.
I looked to art and textiles to bring in subtle colors, like chartreuse, peach and teal. I plan on continuing to collect beautiful art prints to add to her room. Or I may create some more myself. The large geometric canvas was a DIY I painted the day I went into labor!
- Design: Modern Eve
- Photography: Christina Childress
- Crib: IKEA
- Cashmere Blanket: J.Crew
- Hamper: Home Decorator's Collection
- Dresser: Wayfair
- Mirror: 55 Downing Street
- Lamp: Land of Nod
- Rug: Anthropologie
- Rocker and Ottoman: Nurseryworks
- Throw Blanket: Serena & Lily
- Pillow: Lulu & Georgia
- Side Table: Serena & Lily
- Floor Lamp: 55 Downing Street
- Drapes: Serena & Lily
- Wall Hooks: Anthropologie
- Wall Shelves: Home Decorator's Collection
- Floral Print: Lulie Wallace at Anthropologie
- Bookends: Serena & Lily
- Calendar: The House that Lars Built
- Rope Bins: Land of Nod
- Wall Paint: Restoration Hardware Eucalyptus