A bench in the bedroom is a perfect fit. They consume very little space, tucking in nicely at the foot of a bed, under a window, or in a tight corner. They're handy when getting dressed, allowing you to lay out clothing or put on socks. And last but not least, the space underneath offers a great storage opportunity.
For extra storage underneath, use decorative boxes to store office supplies for working in bed, linens, books and mags, or seasonal items. Benches 1, 4 and 5 are also eco-friendly. They are made of FSC certified wood, reclaimed wood, and pre-owned materials, respectively.
Shown above from left to right:
1. Custom Made Bench in Knoll Upholstery, $375.00 from Flotsam Furniture
2. Siesta Day bed / Bench Mid Century Furniture Design, $650.00 from Lunar Lounge Design
3. Wood Bench 60" Shaker Style, $75.00 from Old Wood Worker Shack
4. Reclaimed Wood Bench, $1,299.00 from Hewn Bros
5. Gossip Chair / Refinished Vintage Phone Table or Bench, $145.00 from Stone Bentley
MORE BENCHES ON APARTMENT THERAPY
• Storage Anyone? Four Ways to Create Faux Built-In Bookcases
• Mixing A Bench and Chairs at the Dining Table
(Images: As credited above.)