For space-saving ideas, hotels are a great resource. Most rooms incorporate multiple functions (sleeping area, breakfast nook, media center, bathroom) into a limited area. For a few good ideas, click below...FIRST ROW
• 1 These space-saving alcove beds are from Hotel Aire de Bardenas in Spain.
• 2 The Graz Hotel in Austria combines seating, sleeping, and media in a small room.
• 3 The Townhouse Hotel uses banquettes in the corner for extra seating.
• 4 A headboard ledge provides surface space for lamps at the German 25 Hours Hotel.
• 5 The Jupiter Hotel in Portland uses photo murals to expand the sense of space.
• 6 Room Mate Hotels offer many ideas for creating big statements in small spaces.
• 7 The Aloft Hotel chain uses built-ins to maximize space in every room.
• 8 The Tott Hotel's studio apartment fits multiple functions into one minimalist room.
• 9 Copenhagen's DanHostel utilizes "wall pods" and folding bunk beds to save space.
• 10 Casa Angelina's white palette and wall-mounted fixtures create a streamlined look.