Earlier this year, Apartment Therapy took a peek at the bathrooms in Chicago's hip new Longman & Eagle Hotel; now we're turning to the bedrooms. The thing that sets this Logan Square boutique hotel apart is its down-to-earth decor — there are plenty of ideas here that could easily translate into an apartment bedroom, particularly if you're on a tight budget.
- The exposed clothes hanger (bolted to one wall in photos 1 and 2) is such a simple but useful idea. All you need is some pipe from Home Depot to make your own industrial chic valet for clothes you don't mind keeping on display.
- Reclaimed wood walls are a trend we've seen a lot of lately. In a modern space, a hodge-podge of worn and weathered planks can do a lot to warm things up.
- I love the idea of an accent wall of inexpensive prints (photos 3 and 4). If you're someone who likes collecting posters but isn't sure how to display them, a pin-up grid is one way to get them up on the wall.
- Take a tip from photo 8, and paint the door for an unexpected infusion of color. If you really want to take the hotel look to heart, stencil an oversized number on the door.
- Think beyond the bedside lamp, and try hanging a pendant in a corner or using directional sconces behind the bed. If you rent and you're unable to hardwire a light fixture, check out our shopper's guide to lighting for renters.
MORE INFORMATION: Longman & Eagle
Photos: Longman & Eagle