Ten Halloweens ago, I dressed as my grandparents' living room — it was one of my favorite costumes, but sadly, no photos exist. Fortunately for all of us, the hilarious homemade and home-inspired costumes you see here were well-documented.
- Washing Machine: Costume Pop featured this costume- love the teeny box of Tide!
- Refrigerator/Freezer: There were a lot of cute refrigerator costumes to choose from, but this frozen head version from Tracy Press was the most fully realized.
- Bed: This photo from Paul F. Zwiefel was actually taken at a James Joyce celebration, but it would be charming for Halloween.
- Kitchen Sink: This kitchen sink costume featured in The Courant is absolutely perfect!
- Stove: This is a "spooky chef" costume from Inhabitots, but it could be just as cute if you don't have time to make the ghoulish dishes.
- Art: Take a break from practical matters with Evil Mad Scientist and decide which work of modern art you'd like to hang- I mean be.
- Coffee Table: Creative Melissa put a hilarious thrift store dress to good use with the addition of Reader's Digest, framed photos, daily pill case, tea cup, and a remote control.
- Shower: Sugar*Sugar captured this cute shower costume — the tinsel is a great idea.
- Chair: Garone had a party guest dress as an armchair — but I can't tell how it works!
- Couch: If you and your friends are very organized and comfortable with lots of togetherness, this costume from Good Times With Jess might be for you.
I would just like to point out that soon to follow will likely be a "sexy" version of every possible "Home" Halloween costume: "sexy" remote control, "sexy" lounge chair, "sexy" coffee mug...don't say we didn't warn you.
(All images as credited above.)