While there are plenty of great headboards on the market, you don't necessarily need one to create a great bedroom. If you're going for a low-key look, just don't want to spend the money, or feel like redecorating quickly, these rooms prove that you create a stylish space without a headboard.
This look works best when the bed is still defined, for example, with a big piece of art, two or three wall sconces, brightly-hued bedding, or by architectural features such as windows. That way, it looks planned-out rather than collegiate.
1. Amy's bed stands out thanks to black and white art and a chocolate-colored dust ruffle in Amy's Dashing Details.
2. Bronze sconces, artwork, and pale pillows are all the decoration this bed needs. Alvehm via SFGirlbyBay
3. In this rustic cabin from Martha Stewart, pink bedding stands out again white paneling.
4. The wall between two windows creates a headboard in Alexandria's Old Soul Apartment
5. A bay window creates a cozy nook for the bed in Ann & Bart's Patiently Furnished Apartment.
6. The bed is a serene space amid skylights, windows, and art in Clem & Louisa's Cape Town Cottage
7. Nick Olsen matches bold wallpaper with hotel-like bedding in this bedroom for Lonny Magazine.
8. Various shades of purple create a cohesive look in Rue Magazine
Images: As linked above.