I have to take advantage of every nook and cranny in my home. So, when I focused my attention on the tiny nook of my kitchen that I had designated to be my central activities hub, I was embarrassed at the utter disarray that had taken over after the holidays. Learn how I made the simple transformation from amiss to bliss after the jump!
I recently read Laure's post,15 Minute Clean Sweep, and decided to put her idea to the test.
Here's what I did:
1. Replaced the task light bulb that was defunct.
2. Hung my bulletin board on the wall — finally!
3. Moved my cook books to their appropriate shelf.
4. Relocated the contents of my market tote, which was holding bulk food-filled bags, fruits, and inspiration pictures from discarded magazines. I put my glass jars to use holding the contents of the bulk food bags and designated my white serving bowl as my new fruit bowl.
5. Tacked up my new dry erase calendar and actually wrote upcoming events on it! I also hung my magazine inspirations and voila was instantly inspired!
6. Added some flair to the scene by giving my vintage elephant a new place to hang out and found a nice spot for my blissful poster.
To be honest this took me about 30 minutes, but these simple changes enabled me to get some of the tiny details of my life in order. For something I had been avoiding for weeks, it certainly didn't take long to make a big difference! Thanks Laure for the inspiration!
Images: Alisha Peterson-Irwin