We moved into a fixer-upper in Somerville, MA. It was built in 1906 and nothing had been update for at least 25 years, if not longer. The bathroom was especially scary since there was vinyl paneling pulling off the tub walls with visible black mold growing behind and around it. The window sill was fully rotted.
The rest was cosmetics, but it was time for an overhaul! We went through four rounds of appraisals until we found a contractor who was ready to take this on and do it right!
Once they ripped out the lining, they saw the entire wall and floor were completely rotted. This added an extra week and about $1000 to our overall project costs. The whole project took a little under a month.
This being our only bathroom, there were a lot of inventive bathing solutions (aah, just what every newlywed wants!)
Overall, we couldn't be happier with the outcome. My husband and I both wanted to go with a very clean and modern feel and both love subway tile. We cut costs where we could and splurged on what we wanted most - like our jacuzzi and dual-flush toilet.
→See more photos of Meg's project on her site.
Thank you Meg!
(Image credits: Submitted by Meg)