Sometimes switching out a lampshade or reupholstering a chair is all it takes to give a room a lift and other times, you just need to take on the top to toe full fledged makeover to get your room working for you. From full style switches to totally new uses for the spaces, here are ten dramatic makeover posts to show off what is possible when you put on your re-thinking cap.
• 1 Before & After: Derek's Style Switchup
• 2 Before & After: Tiny Bedroom Turned Lovely Dining Room
• 3 Before & After: Dressing Up a White Box Apartment
• 4 Before & After: Molly's Family Room Fireplace Makeover
• 5 Percy Freshens Up the Powder Room
• 6 Before & After: The Goodbye to Matchy-Matchy Makeover
• 7 Before & After: An Outdated Room Gets a Major Makeover
• 8 Rambling Renovators' House of Before & Afters
• 9 A Dining Room to Office Makeover
• 10 Before & After: Linda Welcomes Style to the Entryway
* * *
Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2011 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
Images: See linked posts for full image credits