Painting furniture is one of the cheapest and simplest ways to upgrade an old or oddly colored piece. We've seen some great makeover examples on Apartment Therapy, including curbside finds that have been elevated to favorite furniture through a little sanding and painting. In case you've got a project waiting in the wings, we've rounded up a few "before and after" examples for inspiration and motivation...
If you decide to take on a project like this, there are several helpful how to's across the web. Click through the links below for more information about each of the projects listed above, or check out this how-to for a basic rundown of the supplies and steps.
• 1-2 How To: Upgrade Furniture with Paint and Hardware
• 3-4 Janel's January Jumpstart Project: Desk Redo
• 5-6 Before & After: Mary's New White Chairs
• 7-8 The "Wretched to Retro" Project
• 9-10 How To: Upgrade a Bedside Table