Recliners don't usually grab attention for their design, but after Claudia made some quick and easy changes to this one, a corner of her home is much cheerier!
This recliner was so ugly, even my cat got depressed by it, so I couldn't wait to give this chair a fresh update. It is my husband's grandfather's chair, so I kinda had to tread carefully. I turned to Pinterest for some good ol' DIY advice and looked at several projects that all seemed super easy and doable in like, 5 minutes, but I knew these projects were traps! I would probably end up with bloody hands, a ruined chair, traumatized husband and an even more depressed cat, while frantically looking for duct tape to tape the thing back together.
So I decided to go for the lazy route: with a staple gun I stapled the new fabric over the already existing and original fabric onto the wooden frame. No need to replace the foam, because it all seemed still very firm. Where I couldn't staple, I sewed the fabric onto the chair. Although the entire project cost me 3 days of my life, it was definitely worthwhile and absolute fun!
Thank you Claudia!