Zandra wanted to give her outdoor space a little spruce up this summer. She couldn't afford a super fancy patio set, but still managed to add some major personality to her budget, big-box store purchases.
So. Much. Better.
Here are Zandra's tips for this fun, colorful look:
- Just switching out the pillows that came with the furniture set makes it feel less like it all just came out of a box.
- Hanging plants give height to your space as well as a sense of privacy.
- Add an outdoor rug to your space.
- Bring in some foliage. Container herb and vegetable gardens are a great way to add a bit of nature and contribute to your summer meals.
- Switching out the glass topped coffee table for one that's made of wood makes the space reflect your own sensibility rather than the aesthetic of a big box store. We picked this piece up for $10. Two coats of paint later, we have a table that makes us feel like we're in an outdoor "room."
See more at Little Yellow Couch.
Thank you Zandra!
(Image credits: Zandra Zuraw)