Danielle's son Conor was distressed by the pink walls in his new bedroom. In fact, they made him cry. A fresh paint job and several DIY projects later, his new beachy boy's room was making a splash.
The day after we moved into our home, Conor came down the stairs crying. Absolutely sobbing and we begged him to tell us what was wrong. Did he have a nightmare? Was he scared sleeping in a new house? No, it was none of that. He was upset that he woke up in a pink room….We painted his room that weekend.
It went from Pepto-Bismol pink to a soft seaside green. We color matched Farrow & Ball's Pale Powder at our local Benjamin Moore. It has taken a year of collecting seaside treasures, making one of a kind of objects and painted pieces and really just taking our time to see how we wanted this room to be. Conor now has a a room fit for a beach boy.
His shelves are filled with books like Treasure Island, salvaged bits of sea glass and ships in bottles. A boat hook has been fashioned into a curtain rod while a map page wreath hangs above his bed. I made it for an open studio and he demanded it for his room. The newest addition to the room is a driftwood height chart, now we are able to see just how quickly he's growing up.
This room is for my beach lover and my adventurer. A loving room to grow big. A space for him to rest his weary head after a long day at the beach. A special spot to dream really big dreams!
- Wall Color: Benjamin Moore (color matched to Farrow & Ball's Pale Powder)
- Painted Subway Sign Chest: DIY (tutorial)
- Sailor dresser: DIY (tutorial)
- Rug: Dash & Albert
- Ticking curtains: Country Curtains
- Sea gulls: Flowers & Festivities (Scituate Harbor)
- Don’t Give Up the Ship Sign: made by me (available for custom orders)
- Grain sack dresser: DIY (tutorial)
- Pillow (in hidey hole): IKEA
- Boat hook (used as curtain rod): Bent Nail Farm Antiques
- Curtain (on boat hook): IKEA
- Driftwood boat: made by me (available for custom orders)
- Mixed media art: Bumble Belly Designs
- Vintage buoy & hook: Salvage Chic Antiques
- Scituate pennant & red truck: Quarter Deck
- White Frames: IKEA
- Shark Duvet Cover & Sham: Pottery Barn
- Driftwood Height Chart: DIY (tutorial)
Thank you Danielle! Readers, visit Danielle at Finding Silver Pennies.