Lauren is on a tight budget so when she found this sofa at a thrift store for $60, she knew its makeover would also have to be a thrifty affair. From the look of the final project, you'd never know just how much she saved.
I ripped out the old fabric, stripped the speckled varnish on the wood frame, sanded it down but kept the bare wood instead of varnishing again. I like how it looks more rustic that way. The foam inside the cushions was gross, so I bought new foam from Joann's on sale, then cut it to size with a bread knife. Because of the amount of yardage required, buying new fabric was out of the question. Instead I decided to go with drop cloth. Twill tape went over the staples with hot glue instead of taking the time to make yards of cording. All in all I spent around $200 on everything.
Thank you Lauren!