Project by: Jessica Nicolls of Bungalow 56 Interiors
Location: Coronado, California
There's something so calming about well done neutral spaces isn't there? Rather than boring or bland, they're rooms that relax you just by looking at them. Jessica was able to turn her client's outdated brown kitchen and bathroom into neutral yet visually pleasing rooms. Not only did Jessica transform the spaces, she added the holy grail of apartment living, an in-unit washer/dryer, priming the space for resale while making it a dream for its current occupant.
From Jessica: We met our client and her adorable dog walking past our interior design shop in Coronado, California. She had just purchased a small condo and needed to update the kitchen and bathrooms. The space was dark, dingy and straight out of the '70s.
Our concept for the condo was to mix in some mid-century elements but also keep the palette neutral for resale in the future. We did a warmer cabinet color, bright white backsplash and a more gray toned counter in the kitchen. Then kept the bathrooms cooler with gray cabinets, counters and hints of blue in the tiles.
Our client and her dog are now happy as clams in their new, bright and homey space!
- Counters // Caesarstone
- Backsplash // Oceanside Glass Tile
- Light Fixture above Sink // Restoration Hardware
- Hardware // School House Electric
- Cabinet Hardware // School House Electric
- Counter // Walnut
- Appliances // GE
Thanks so much Jessica and Bungalow 56 Interiors !
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Project Submission Form.