This morning we found these great photos on Flickr of a before and after staircase (and surrounding area). Jump below
for a look at the after...
Although we don't quite understand the need to rip out the previous staircase (we do understand the need to get rid of that carpet, though), we can't help but admit that the after stairs are really quite lovely. Perhaps the elimination of the previous stairs helped open up the space? That's what we're guessing.
• Good Questions: Affordable Railings for My Loft and Stairs?
• Look!: Mella and Nicole's Steel Pipe Railings
• Pantone Stairs at Tamotsu Yagi Design
• Look!: Shawna's Wallpapered Stairs
• DIY Patterned Stairs
• Flickr Finds: Bruce Turner's Stairwell