We may be lucky enough in Seattle to have towering evergreen trees, but we have our fair share of deciduous varieties, too. Maple, ginkgo, dogwood, and hornbeam trees line the streets of my neighborhood and are still bursting with foliage. Before the trees start to shed their lovely leaves, here is a nod to all that is leafy, inspired by Patricia Urquiola's "Foliage" couch (image #2).
Fronds and greenery look good just about anywhere — bedding, pillows, walls, dishes, and more. Here's a selection of luscious leafiness to enjoy before it's all crunching underfoot this fall.
1. Apila pattern dishes by Birger Kaipiainen for Arabia.
2. Foliage sofa by Patricia Urquiola for Kartell; image from Contemporist.
3. Marimekko fabrics available at FinnStyle.
4. Leafy pillows from Etsy seller Lynne's This and That.
5. Leaf Door Stop available at the MoMA Store.
Images: As linked above.