Stephen Soderbergh's Behind the Candelabra debuts on HBO this weekend and I, for one, can't wait to see Matt Damon in a bejeweled mankini. Whether you call Liberace's hallmark style 70s Baroque, or Maximalist Princess, more is more and no surface is too shiny. If Liberace were alive today, I feel confident he'd approve of the following interiors. So why don't we just step out and slip into something more spectacular?
As a sneak peek to this weekend's HBO event, the New York Post posted a slideshow of the sets used in the movie. Above is Liberace's bathroom, with an exact replica of the famous pianist's own tub from his Las Vegas home to kick off our gallery of Liberace-style looks.
And, be sure to check out the quotes in the captions of each of the rooms above - all are jewels of wit and wisdom from the man himself...
2. A gold claw-foot bathtub. Muraled ceiling. Lavender walls. All by Jessica Hall Associates.
3. This sweeping staircase, by Jeff Lincoln, is pure drama and all about making an entrance.
4. If this doesn't say Hollywood glamor, nothing does. Photograph by David O. Marlow.
5. Or in this case, a large silver rearing horse in your dining room.
6. All the sheen and sparkle puts this room, by Vanessa Deleon Associates, firmly in the category of glamorous
7. Kelly Wearstler sways more modern, but there's still a lot that Lee would have loved in a confident room such as this.
8. The over-the-top home of Tony Duquette, the late set and costume designer, is packed to the gills with luxurious details.
9. Interior design by Haleh Designs.
10. You can rent out Martin Lawrence's pad, with grand piano, for $200,000 a month.
(Images: as linked above; all quotes by Liberace)