We prefer the way that OS X handles Apps, maybe because it's a new way of going about things, but in comparison with the PC, it simplifies things. The new MS Office on Mac also has some improvements, including the fullscreen mode, which is excellent to use for creative writing since it allows no distractions.Main uses for our Mac
1. Twitter Client The new Twitter client that's available for free from the Mac App store is easy to use, and its features make up for the lack of a zoom.
2. Creative Writing Although we do research with both computers, we've found that unplugging the Internet and taking the MacBook to bed is a very productive way of writing creative fiction.
3. Reading ebooks The new free Kindle app for Mac allows you to read a lot of free ebooks on it. That and a variety of PDF reference books makes the Mac the only way to do this.
1. Internet Whether it's checking up on things on Wikipedia, or writing up facts and important details in files, our main way of navigating the Internet is the PC.
2. Email We rarely use the Mac to check our email, as the PC is the computer we consider using for most work-related tasks. The Mac is used more for leisure.
3. Watching Movies & TV Shows Most of the time, we use the 24-inch Widescreen Viewsonic display to watch movies and TV shows. The resolution if fine, and although the screen is going to be replaced this year, it's still suitable for this.
4. Uploading & Downloading Whenever we do any uploading (photos) or downloading, we use our PC, mainly because the PC serves as a hub for all of our photos and media files, since it's got a lot of storage available.