Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Philadelphia, PA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- My building was built in the 1800's and last renovated sometime in the 50's/60's. This mishmash of styles is something I loved from the minute I walked through the door. Big, beautiful original wooden windows and forced-steam radiators mixed with midcentury built-in storage and leftover vintage appliances make my home unique. I also love my location. In the heart of the Rittenhouse Square neighborhood of Philadelphia, there are always plenty of interesting people to see and things to do right outside my door.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space:
- 1. Keep it simple. Putting too many items on shelves or having too many patterns or colors can make a small space seem overwhelming.
2. Highlight the room's best features. If you have nice woodwork, make sure it's bright and white. If you have great shelves, curate some interesting items to showcase. Each home is unique and will look best if you let its brightest elements shine.
3. Don't let a small space scare you away from entertaining. I like my apartment best when it's filled with friends and family. Find ways to provide extra seating, keep the bar cart stocked, and keep the apartment clean! Good times will follow.
See all entries