If you love Thonet (and Thonet-style) bentwood chairs but cannot afford a matching set, consider adopting a single spare bentwood chair. Whether you add it to a mismatched set of dining chairs or use it as a bedside table, you can't go wrong with a bentwood chair. The sinewy curved lines are so classically beautiful--and so well made. We've talked about the Thonet chairs before, Here and here.
Here are some examples of how to use spare or odd Thonet chairs in any room.
• 1 San Francisco Girl By The Bay. Here, two Thonet chairs flank the bed.
• 2 Loft Life. Here a spare bentwood chair serves as a desk chair.
• 3 Katy Elliott. Designer Tom Scheerer uses a bentwood chair as a bedside table.
• 4 House Beautiful. OK, so this isn't a chair but I couldn't resist another gem from designer Tom Scheerer, who pairs a willowy, sinewy bench with the austere lines of a steel four poster bed.
• 5 Here a spare Thonet chair serves as part of a mix and match set of dining room chairs. Houzz.