Rugs are a double edged sword. They can absolutely give a finished look to a room, but on the same note, they can really ruin the look if they are dirty or dated. I host a lot of parties and have a dog that thinks the rug is his personal playground, so when it comes to making a purchase I hate to spend a lot of money as I often want to change it. Here are 10 rugs under $500 that feature the latest geometric and Moroccan inspired designs that designers can't get enough of.
1. Tile Wool Kilim Rug in Aquamarine from West Elm, $349 for 5'x8'
2. Chevron Stripe Hand Tufted Rug from Ballard Designs, $349 for 5'x8'
3. Vintage Overdyed Turkish Carpet from Vintage Carpets on Etsy, $319 for 55"x80"
4. Beni Rug from CB2, $499 for 5'x8'
5. Trilio Flat Weave Rug from Habitat, £150 for 4.5'x6.5'
6. Plus Sign Rug from Urban Outfitters, $89 for 5'x7'
7. Ombre Malachite Rug from Pier One Imports, $249.95 for 5'x8'
8. Jute Border Rug in Black from Serena and Lily, $295 for 5'x7'
9. Conran Ink Checked Rug from Marks and Spencer, £149 for 5'x7'
10. Chevron Stripe Jute Rug from Pottery Barn, $199 for 5'x8'