We lack a fireplace in our apartment, and so we had candles lit all weekend (and week) to help us feel cozy in the blizzard(s). However, our candles smell kind of cheap and we're counting the days until their waxy lives are over. For a replacement, where's the sweet spot between looks, price and scent in a luxury candle?A stylish friend of ours reminded us that expensive candles last a long time, so money might be better spent on a better candle. (i.e., the 14 oz. Archipelago candle says it burns for 90 hours!)
• 1 Diptyque, 6.5 oz. $60 at Neiman Marcus
• 2 Anthousa, 7.5 oz. for $30 at Neiman Marcus
• 3 Jo Malone, 7.0 oz. for $65 at Neiman Marcus
• 4 Henri Bendel,10 oz. for $28 at Henri Bendel
• 5 Voluspa, 10 oz. on sale for $21.99 at Bloomingdale's
• 6 Archipelago, 14 oz. for $30 at Archipelago
• 7 Pacifica, 5.5 oz. for $14.99 at Amazon
Roundup: AT Reader's Favorite Candles
What's Your Favorite Yankee Candle Scent?
Where Can I Find a Men's Cologne Scented Candle?
Heaven Scent: Votivo's Orange Gelato Candle
Good Questions: What's a Good Smelly Candle?
Henri Bendel: Good Candles
Image: Bulinna licensed for use under Creative Commons