I'm a rope hammock girl. Growing up, I knew it was summer when my mom hung up our LL Bean hammock in the side yard. I have a friend that swears by string hammocks; she buys them off the streets of Brazil when she goes home to visit family. Rope, string or fabric, small or large, hammocks can instantly help create an escape at home. Here are our current favorites. Be sure to include your best finds in the comments below.TOP ROW
1. Cotton Brazilian Hammock, $116 from Novica: each end features rows of macramé, crocheted by hand by Brazil's Hammock Artisans of Ceará.
2. Organic Cotton Hammock, £53 from La Siesta: handmade in Brazil from organic cotton, with spreader bars from certified forests.
3. Tayrona Hammock, $50 from Anthropologie: striped cotton sling available in 3 colors.
4. Cotton Fabric Hammock, $157 from Novica: finished by hand with lavish crocheted by Brazil's Hammock Artisans of Ceará.
5. Cotton Hammock, $103 from Novica: hand woven by Maya artists of the Yucatan.
6. Queen Hammock, $160 from Yellow Leaf: crafted by traditional weavers in Thailand from yarn that is mold and mildew resistant.
7. Lazy Hammock, $120 from By The Sea: organic cotton and hand crocheted in Mexico.
8. Handwoven Hammock, $80 from Veronica Colindres: hand woven cotton by a family in Nicaraguan.
9. Soft Weave Hammock, $229 from Hatteras Hammocks: woven from all weather acrylic fabric that's stain, rot, mold and mildew resistant. Fabric is filled with a 1 inch layer of polyester fiberfill batting. Wood is harvested from managed forests.
10. Caribbean Rope Hammock, $79 from KW Hamptons: hand woven from soft spun polyester ropes and available in 10 colors.
(Images: as credited above)